- Safety plan
- Intro to the AR-15
- Weapons handling and safety
- Rifle zero
- Types of drills
- Moving drills and how to conduct them
- 7 yard confidence builder
- Marine Carbine course of fire
TOTAL ROUNDS for the day: 95 rounds
Course requirement gear list:
- 4 magazines
- A way to retain magazines, ie. Belt with magazine pouches, chest rig, plate carrier with mag pouches etc. (you can stuff magazines into your pockets if need be.)
- Eye protection, z87+ rated ballistic eye protection, preferably with clear and dark lenses.
- Ear protection. Preferably electronic ear protection like peltors, sordins or walkers to hear more proficiently during drills but normal in ear protection is fine.
- Methods to attach sling ie. sling adapters or Quick detach parts
- 100 rounds minimum but preferably 150 rounds maximum of 223 or 5.56 or 300 blk depending on caliber of rifle, if zero takes more than 30 rounds.
- Bipods or a backpack filled with items or a sandbag to use as a stable platform to zero off of
- Water source
- Bring your own lunch
- Must have cotton or fire retardant shirt or combat type shirt. No polyester or silk, they can catch on fire if hot brass goes down your shirt and it will melt to your skin.
- Must have either jeans, tactical pants or cargo pants. No shorts or workout attire.
-Optional gear list
- Any helmet/ Plate carrier/ chest rig/ pistol belt if you want to train with your gear
- Ball cap or any type of hat
- Warming layers if it is cold or rain jackets if raining so check weather accordingly.
Instructor Maxx Crawford served in the United States Marine Corps as a Fast Team Operator, Infantry Rifleman and a Combat Marksmanship Instructor. Throughout his time he has deployed and operated in over 12 different countries, taught over 6,000 students and graduated top of his Instructor class with best marksmanship and 100% GPA. He specializes in CQB and has taught over 390 Navy police to better the security response on a base in the Middle East. He also specializes in Rifle, pistol, shotgun and machine gun marksmanship. He Completed Machine gun training at ACADEMI private contracting. Maxx took part in Operation Inherent Resolve while deployed in the Middle East in the fight against ISIS.